With Christmas Day fast approaching and the year drawing to a close, I thought I would take a moment to share the things I am most grateful for in life. I have mentioned before at how commercial Christmas can be, but at the end of the day, when the gifts are given, the parties are over and the food is had there is so much to be grateful for and positives to be found, even if you can’t currently see them, I promise they are there. I’ll share a few of mine now.
The things I am grateful for are…
- Finding my health – So I still have a bit to go with this one as my thyroid medication isn’t where it needs to be right now but for the past couple of months my sole focus has been on regaining my strength. I’m currently on a different strength of medication and although I do find it is helping, I know more needs to be done but I’m going to make it happen! I am very hopeful for my health in 2019.
- Surviving difficult times – It’s no secret that I have been through some trying times in the past couple of years but I am proud of myself for getting through times of darkness that I thought would never end. I’m on the right side of a lot of those problems right now and I am eternally grateful for being here and finding light.
- Being less anxious about life – This is a massive one for me, ill health and not having the strength to make it outside of the house gave me a lot of time to think and overthink at times, not to mention being downtrodden with social anxiety as I made my way back out into the big bad world. However, now that my underactive thyroid has somewhat settled and I can think rationally, I have learned to deal with my anxieties greatly. I am so much more hopeful and excited by what the future will bring and it’s taken a long time to get here. I can still have bad days or even bad moments in a day but they’re inevitable, not just for me, but every human. It’s the strength I have found to get through those days and moments that count.
- Having people around me who care – You know the kind of people I’m talking about. The family and friends who have your best interests at heart, the ones who show you the positivity to be found in times of trouble, and always build you back up. I am most grateful to have those kind of people in my life because I wouldn’t have got through what I did without them. Let your focus be on the ones who bring light and happiness into your life because they are the ones who are truly deserving of your attention. Leave any negativity right where you find it, because they are not your kind of people.
- Learning to look out for myself – You’re probably wondering why I’m writing about looking out for myself, having just spoke about the ones who took the time to look out for me, but without them I wouldn’t have seen my worth or true potential that allows me to brave the world around me. I am becoming confident in myself once again, I know what’s right for me and where my focus needs to be. I am strong and independent enough to know what I deserve in life.
- Music – Music is good for the soul and I don’t know anyone who would argue that. It brings me joy so I have to show my gratitude for it, it’s as simple as that!
- Gigs – Live events and experiences that turn into memories are so important to me. I only attended a music gig very recently after not being to one in many months and it really lifted my spirits to go. I felt more like me than I had in a very long time, and it was all thanks to the power of live music.
- Good books – Books open you up to so many worlds, and for me there is nothing better than settling down and loosing yourself in word.
What are you grateful for? Let me know by writing three things you are grateful for in the comments below. I would love to know ❤️