It’s okay, I’ve your back, just stop and breathe! As a season that’s known for being ‘the most wonderful time of year, it can be absolute madness, and the shopping is complete chaos, but I am here to share a few survival guide like tips that I find gets me through the Christmas shopping wars!
- Budget – Start with making a set in stone budget and put aside a certain amount of money for Christmas gifts only. As soon as you tally up the amount you can spend, put it away and make a mental note of that cash being gone. That way, you know it’s no longer yours to spend but you now have the cash for buying presents.
- Make a list of who you need to buy for – Don’t feel the need to buy for everyone you know or come across. Start with family members you know you have to buy for and then branch out to the friends that are in your life and buy you presents for occasions so you can give back to them. There’s so much emphasis on spending and buying presents for Christmas but you need to ignore that. Only give back to the people who give to you throughout the year. They’re the ones that will appreciate it most.
- Think about the person’s interests – Now that you’re sure of your budget and know who exactly you’re buying for, start brainstorming on what to buy them by writing out each main interest of the person. It’s a sure fire way to source a present they’ll love for a good price.
- Know what you’re buying and where you will find it – Once you have a list on what to buy each person, purposely go straight to the shops that sell the products you’re looking for with the sole purpose of buying those products only. There’s going to be less confusion for you when you’re in the midst of the madness the crowds bring and you’ll be less likely to panic or impulse buy.
- Shop around – If for example, you’re looking for a beauty product as a gift, there is more than likely one local pharmacy selling that product so shop around and compare prices in others stores or online. The same goes for tech, toys, sporting, books or any other hobby you need to cater for. You’ll still get the exact same products but you’ll have a little more cash in your pocket too. You can’t go wrong!
- Shop the sales – Black Fridays, Cyber Mondays, pre-Christmas sales and online savings. Take advantage of the offers that are available to you and you will save considerably on a wide range of products.
- Do the shopping online – If all else fails or the anxiety of shopping gets too much, kick back, open the laptop and shop until your heart’s content from the comfort of your own home. You have the availability of all stores and more often than not, at discounted prices!
I hope these tips give you the will to go on and push through the more stressful part of the season. Tomorrow is all about the budget as I share 20 gifts for €20 and under!