So the first thing I want to do is thank the lovely Lorraine from That Girl Rane for her nomination of this award. Lorraine and I have been good Twitter buds for a few years now as we first came to know each other through our love of music and now continuing to support one another’s blogging journeys. I am so glad she has made a come back to the blogging community and I recommend you check out her fabulous blog here, as she writes all things beauty and lifestyle. It is so humbling to be nominated for an award such as this and I thank Lorraine for all the kind words on my blog in her Liebster award post.
I will leave the original rules of The Liebster Award linked here, courtesy of Fall For Maine.
My Current Favourite blog
My current favourite blog comes in the form of Scribbles By Kat. I often get lost in Kat’s posts as I admire the honesty and her ability to remain so open on topics like anxiety and depression. I don’t think she realises this but Kat really inspires me to gather up the courage in writing about my own life struggles and health journey when I can find the appropriate time and way of doing so. I believe talking about the issues you’ve faced in life can be extremely important in raising awareness and perhaps letting others know that they are not alone, this is something I think Kat does extremely well.
- Which seasons resonates with you most, and why? That would have to be Autumn as I have a lot of good memories attached to the season, October is my birthday month and I love a cozy night in!
- If you could visit a new city tomorrow where would you go? Tokyo, I have wanted to visit Japan for as long as I can remember. I was (and still am) obsessed with manga/anime art style.
- What is your favourite book? (Can list more than one if need be) Charlie & The Chocolate Factory is one that holds a lot of sentiment, All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven and Me & My Mate Jeffrey by Niall Breslin are current favourites and two books that I highly recommend.
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? Chicken fillet rolls, they are my ultimate weakness.
- What is your favourite social media platform and why? Currently it’s Instagram because I love taking photographs, gaining inspiration from others and everyone on there appears to be quite welcoming.
- What is the “back story” to your blog? I started this blog purely for my love of writing and it was somewhere to go and be expressive at time I needed it most.
- How has your experience with the blogging community been? It’s been great so far, the welcome and support I have received from fellow bloggers is overwhelming and I can’t thank them enough!
- What’s your motto for life? If you didn’t selfie did it even happen?! haha “Grow through what you go through” is a favourite of mine. I believe there is always an opportunity for us to grow, no matter what we go through.
- What series have you recently binged watched? Supergirl, yep that’s where my inner nerd comes in. Season two was without a doubt the best and I can’t wait for season three.
- What can you not live without? First and foremost my family/friends, a nice cup of tea and a hug.
- What did you love to do as a child? Well as I said before I was always a writer, drawing came second and I loved nothing more than settling down to watch a movie with my siblings.
My nominations are…
Kat from Scribbles by Kat
Aoife from Aoife Loves
Jade Marie from Jademarie.co.uk
Danielle from Liliwhiterose
Aoife from Colourfully Quirky
The questions I want you ladies to answer if you choose to accept are…
- Where would you most likely move to or visit?
- What is your favourite movie?
- How have you changed in the past 2 years?
- What makes you happy?
- Do you have a favourite quote? If so what is it?
- Why and when did you start blogging?
- What hopes or goals do you have for your blog?
- What’s your biggest accomplishment?
- What 3 words can you not go without saying on a daily basis?
- What can’t you live without?
- Where would you like to be in 10 years?
Have fun answering ❤
That is my take on the 2017 Liebster Award, thanks again to Lorraine for nominating me. I do hope you enjoyed this fun post, perhaps you learned a little more about the girl behind this blog or found some new blogs to love? After all, isn’t that what it’s about?